Ok...I need to complain for a moment. This has been "one of those weeks." I really wish it were over.
I'm starting to think someone put a voodoo curse on me or something!
- Spinning Lesson --- Had a great Lesson at Wool, Warp, and Wheel in Richmond, Illinois. Had to use one of their wheels because mine had a big crack in it. How did that happen? I really don't know. They glued and clamped it for me...and it should be okay...but still!
- Freezing Cold --- It's been so cold this week. When Cleo and I headed home from the lakehome early Monday morning, it was -12 with a windchill of -30. Even though she had on her reflective doggie coat, she was so cold she couldn't move. Of course, I picked up my 60 lb pooch and carried her to the car.
- Work Stuff --- I've been working really hard on a big project. Pricing came in this week and may put a hault on the whole thing. It costs 6 times more to produce this particular product in the US than it does in China --- and that includes shipping costs! It's back to the drawing board...
- Office Stuff --- Pipes froze and broke in our building. Working from home for me this week. Maybe this is a good thing...because I haven't had to jump into the shower first thing in the morning!
- Computer Stuff --- Had to take my laptop in for service yesterday. It kept turning itself off --- which doesn't make for a productive day. It's still under warranty from the manufacturer. So, I'll be chained to my desktop computer at home until I get the old laptop back.
- Dog Stuff --- Woke up this morning to find my dog's face super puffy with eye slits...like she was in a boxing match. Saw this before when she was stung by a bee...but there are no bees around this time of year. Had to take her to the vet this morning. They didn't know what happened...gave her a couple injections and 2 hours later, it's less puffy.
- Oh Yeah ---- And The Bears lost the Super Bowl. Just kidding about that one. I'm not much of a football fan.
A couple of positive things...
- I FINISHED THE PURPLE CARDIGAN!!!!! I'm going to block it at my parent's house this weekend --- mom has the nicest drying rack integrated into her dryer. I will post pictures after it's blocked. It's a warm one...perfect for this cold, cold weather in Chicago.
- I'm a spinner now! I have plied a few skiens of yarn....pictures will be posted soon.
- This week the radiators in my house were bleed --- it's much warmer around here now!
I'm a pretty positive person and normally not much of a complainer. It felt better to get all this off my chest.