13 November 2006

I'm a Swapper

On a regular basis I visit Deborah's blog. It seems she is always participating in a swap and exchanging wonderful goodies! Deborah told me about www.swap-bot.com and now I've been bitten by the swap bug. (Hey sick-o's: I do not mean "swap" in a dirty way --- only in terms of my knitting addiction!)

My "Knit Kit" swap partner sent me 2 skeins of beautiful cranberry colored wool and 2 skeins of a spicy brown mustard colored wool (hmmm..can you tell I'm hungry right now?!) A new set of bamboo needles and cable needled accompanied two scarf patterns --- Irish Hiking Scarf and Besotted Scarf. I'm looking forward to knitting these up --- believe it or not, I actually don't have many hand-knitted scarves!

This is an especially fun time to receive presents in the mail because my birthday is next week --- so it's like starting the celebration early!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, is there somebody wants to make sure his birthday wont be forgotten :)?

Secret Pal

Unknown said...

You'll love the Irish Hiking Scarf pattern - I really enjoyed making mine! I'm planning on making another one!

Deborah said...

Wow, check out that loot!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like what I sent you. Enjoy knitting up the scarves.