12 November 2006

Some Random Updates...

I'm happy to report, the baby booties were a big hit at baby shower! The party was really nice and Erin was "showered" with so many beautiful things for the new babe. Will it be a boy or a girl --- I think it's going to be a girl.

While I enjoy going to my local Stitch 'n Bitch, I would rather spend that time knitting with my friends --- there is always something funny to talk about. I'm pretty excited that a few ladies from the shower may be joining our monthly "Knit Club." The more the merrier!

What's on my needles...
The first blue sock is nearly completed. The unique thing about these socks is...I made up the pattern. Well, actually, I was inspired by other patterns like the Fetching fingerless gloves I made over the summer. I was curious to see what would happen when I replaced ribbing with cables. So far, I really like the result.

Doesn't that picture look funny --- a perfect right angle! How did I do that?!

I've started the Royal Cardigan project. I'm really enjoying this --- the "motified lattice" pattern is easy --- but not as boring as stockinette stitch. I really like purple (camera flash washed out the color)...and can't wait to add this to my winter wardrobe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture doens't do your socks justice - the yarn is so much prettier in person!