16 October 2006

Sockie or Sake? How about both!

Here are a couple of pictures of my first fully completed pair of socks. (I needed to take a break from the lace pattern of my purple socks).

The pictures are kind of washed out. My digital camera has crapped out on me --- these were taken with my cell phone.

The pattern is Whitby from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. I used size 4 dpns with Socks that Rock colorway Spot Rock One.

This yarn was very nice, but should really be used on a simliar pattern. The cables get lost with all the colors.

I have one more skein of Socks that Rock in Yosemite - I'm thinking Jaywalkers. If anyone has a pattern recommendation --- let me know!

I'm having a blast so far with SP9. I have the best secret pal! She and I have been using instant messages to "chat." I think this secret-keeping business is going to make me crazy. I really want to know who she is and where she's at --- I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Europe, so cool!

I have put together the first package for my pal --- I hope she likes the stuff. I think I will send her three packages. Is that typical...I'm not sure.

1 comment:

hakucho said...

Those socks are absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors. I want to try sock knitting soon, but just have too much that needs to be knit first.
Happy knitting :)