23 February 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer to knit with natural fibers...but I'll play with anything that is really pretty.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use my Knit Picks Options case for needles I use the most. My long straight needles hang out in a crystal vase.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 3 years. I'm self taught --- however I have taken classes to learn more techniques. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter --- I'm currently working on the Master Knitters project (it's a goal to finish it this year). Once I pass all three levels, I will consider myself advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like herbal or citrus scents. Nothing too sweet.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love gummy things --- worms, Swedish Fish, etc --- and, of course, dark chocolate! yummm... Another favorite is Chupa Chup suckers --- delicious!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Yes, I'm a new spinner --- it's my latest addiction! Not much time left for many other DIY things.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music and love hearing new artists. Some favorites are Tom Waits, The Clash, Nina Simone, etc... Music I have a hard time appreciating is rap. I'm also completely addicted to podcasts --- if you have any recommendations of some you like, please share!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love jewel tone colors --- orange, purple, red, gold, etc. Not a big fan of pastel colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just my husband and my dog-child, Cleo.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Is the Pope Polish? Well, actually he's German...but yes I wear all of those!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like a challenge --- but lately, I'm really into small quick projects. I'm trying to blow through my sock yarn.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks and a cabled purse.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, Yes, Yes!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Hmmm...tough one. It depends on the project. I really like metal or wood. My needle collection is pretty good...but can always use more DPNs.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes...a great birthday present from my mom. Thanks again Mom!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oh...nearly 3 years old. It's a black boucle jacket that I don't like to talk about.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving --- it's like Christmas with out the gifts!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Just yarn and other knitting stuff!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Thanks to my Secret Pal from SP9 I have a subscription to Interweave Knits (thanks again Sybille!). I'm pretty set on books and patterns...but always love to get some new yummy yarn or roving!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I really want to start a fair isle project --- something I never thought I would want to do.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I wear a woman's size 9 US.

23. When is your birthday?
November 21

No comments: