08 January 2007

Happy Birthday Dad...and Elvis

No, I am not Elvis' illegitimate daughter! My dad and Elvis share the same birthday --- only Dad's 11 years younger.


More Elvis connections to my family (kind of...okay, not really)...
My sister was born the day before Elvis died on his toliet at Graceland. Wouldn't it make sense (okay, maybe not) that in 1995 my family roadtrip to Memphis for "Elvis Week?" It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen --- talk about good people watching!

I don't think is this news to anyone...die-hard Elvis fans are freaks.

Everyone has their "favorite Elvis." Mine is the fat-rhinestoned-karate chopping-Vegas Elvis. It's hard to believe he was only 42 when he died --- look what heavy drug abuse will do, kids!

Which do you prefer...Young Elvis or Old Elvis? Check out the poll in the right hand column.
T.C.B., Baby!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Have you ever seen the movie "Bubba Ho-Tep"? Bruce Campbell plays Elvis in an East Texas nursing home, battling an ancient Egyptian mummy. I love it. Ya gotta be on drugs to come up with stuff like that.

Shannon said...

Thats hilarious-why not have an Elvis week? Must have been fun. Wait-does that make you-Lisa Marie? Eww-Mrs. Michael Jackson.

Marie said...

I love Bubba Ho-Tep! My favorite Elvis is the one from 'Change of Habit'-- you know, the one where Elvis is a doctor and falls in love with a young nun--Mary Tylor Moore.

AR said...

I love birthday sharing thingies. hehe. My dad's birthday was the fourth of July.

Happy (late) bday to your dad!

(wow, old Elvis is getting his butt kicked in your poll)

Anonymous said...

Soupy Sales shares the same birthdate, although he's much older than Elvis and I believe he's still alive