24 May 2007

Oh Yaaa, Fargo

My trip to Fargo on Tuesday was a flop. The day started off with our flight being cancelled. The airline said it was mechanical issues...I'm sure it's because the flight wasn't full. So, we waiting a few hours at O'Hare to board the next tiny plane to North Dakota.

I travelled with two fellas I work with. Good news...nobody ended up in a woodchipper!

After our meeting, we our flight was delayed a couple hours. So, let me tell you, I know the Fargo airport pretty well --- all 4 gates of it!

Here's a view from the airport. The view was pretty much the same from all directions --- flat, green, and not many trees.

I did start on a sock on the way home. It's coming along nicely and will be my daily travel project on the train to work.

9 comments:

Rose Red said...

You are so lucky to be able to knit on the plane. Shame about the delays - urk!

Kristen said...

Frustrating and boring as it may be sometimes, I'd love to have a travelish job. Not "I don't have a home" travel, just "gosh, whatever is there to do in Vegas after the meeting?" travel.

Ilix said...

Wow, Fargo sounds fun! LOL
Do they have good coffee???

celeste said...

that photo sure looks nice enough. i couldn't possibly stand to have trees be the only variance in the landscape though.

Deborah said...

Very funny. I don't think I would ever be able to visit there without remembering that movie!

Heather said...

Wow...Bismarck ND's airport is remarkably similar. But Bismarck doesn't have a yarn store...I thought since Fargo had the (One) LYS in all of ND that you'd at least have a shee-shee airport...
Huh...go figure.
; )
Heather
Craftlit.blogspot.com

Just say no to chipping!

Anonymous said...

sorry your trip was a bust :( atleast you had a good excuse to start a sock :)
SP

Michele Vogel said...

Fargo... Donthca know. Ya, I'm from New Ulm, Minnesota. Whatcha think of da weather we're havin' now. :) Love the show. Keep up the good work.

Kristen said...

Could I BE any denser? Seriously. I come here, I read a post, I look over on the sidebar and see that you love the SSK podcast, and I think "That's nice, I hear good things about it, genius Skype idea, I should listen to it."

If I'd known it was YOU...
Criminy.

Hey, love the podcast. Now I have to catch up on a few episodes. Once I score a headset, I'll even join the SnB!