10 September 2006

Trying To Finish Projects...

I'm dying to add more pictures of some finished objects to this blog. Unfortunately, I left my camera at a wedding in North Carolina last weekend.

Luckily, my dad's cousin found it and is dropping it in the mail. Until then, I will just chat about some of the projects I'm working on (read: trying to finish so I can buy more yarn).

I'll add pictures when I have access to a camera.


THE BLUE SCARF
I was cleaning out my closet this weekend and came across a project I totally forgot about. Does this happen to anyone else?!

About a year ago, I made the Cache-Coeur Bergamo vest in Weekend Knitting with Reynold's Rapture (50% Silk 50% Wool) in a pretty blue denim color. I had so much fun knitting this project --- but it sat in my closet for nearly a year without ever being worn! What a waste of yarn, huh?!

A few months back, my husband asked me to knit something for him...I started digging around for some yarn and came across the never-worn-blue-knit-project. I decided to unravel the entire thing with plans to make a beautiful (and manly) scarf for my hubby.

At some point I threw the project in a plastic box and stuffed it in my closet. I'm so happy I found it this weekend. This yarn is amazing to knit with --- I would love to have a sweater made with it.


DISHCLOTH FUN KAL
I joined the Dishcloth Fun KAL a few weeks back. There have only been 3 different patterns since the KAL started and I've finished one --- The Garterlac Dishcloth. (left)

I'm working on Swish with a Twist and hope to have it done tonight. Of course, I'll post photos as soon as my camera finds it way back home --- pictures from m my phone are too dark :(

This is a fun KAL because the patterns are challenging & fun, I'm learning some new techniques, and cotton yarn is CHEAP!


LACE LEAF PULLOVER
This summer while flipping through the Summer 2005 Interweave Knits, my mom and I decided to both knit up Lace Leaf Pullover, a pattern excerpt from Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop. My sister and our friend, Brooke, decided to join the fun.

We all ordered Sierra from Knit Picks. It was a fun and rather fast knit --- size 11 needles. The top and bottom of the sweater body is knitted separately and then grafted together with kitchner stitch --- fun!

Although I finished the knitting and grafting back in July, I haven't attached the sleeves yet. I hate the sewing part --- does anyone? I pulled the sweater out of it's project bag, and have it laying on a dining room chair. It's my goal to finish it this week.

It's starting to feel like fall here in Chicago...I'll probably need this sweater soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Group projects are fun... but they're not as fun when SOMEBODY finishes everything in a few days, not weeks, like the rest of us.

I have for the third time ripped apart the top of the Leaf sweater... HELP!