19 September 2006

Spinning Lesson Part 1

This past weekend, I had a spinning lesson at The Fold.

To be completely honest, I really didn't know what to expect. I have seen people spinning but never took the time to actually watch to see how it's done.

The first thing I learned was how to hand card the fiber. Talk about a great exercise to build muscles in your arms! It's a lot of work and satisfiying when you have a pile of fluffy spinning fiber in front of you.

This lesson focused on using a hand spindle. The technique is kind of awkward at first...and has been getting easier each day as I practice.

I think I'm more of a knitter than a spinner. Next class I take home a spinning wheel and give that a whirl. Maybe I'll like that better...

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

This pic will work, but please remember, Fridays are for yarn pr0n!